Saturday, October 25, 2008

Its been a while

Dear Friend,

It's been a while since I last wrote you and I'm sorry about that. I have been swamped with midterms, Chemistry, ROTC, and trying to finish my application to the Naval Academy. As you know I have been dating Jenna for a long time, just about ten months! We have been having a difficult streak in our relationship, kinda like falling into a rut. But it has been getting a little better just recently.

Have I ever told you how beautiful Jenna is? It would be impossible to describe her exactly, but I’ll try. She has such beautiful eyes that when you look into them, you really can't look away. There have been several times where she asks, "what are you looking at?" and all I can say is, "just you!" She is so kind and outgoing, a genuine caring for people who are in need. I can't help thinking about her when I here that song, "We're in heaven" and knowing that whenever you are with that special person nothing else matters. Just you and them. That is how beautiful Jenna is, the kind of beauty that melts away everything around you that doesn't really matter.

My dad mentioned something about his “glory days” last night. When he fenced in college and how he went to the National Championships in New York City. It got me thinking about my glory days. I don’t think I have had them, because nothing too special has happened in my life yet. I think they will be a few days down the road when I’m serving in the Marine Corps and fighting terrorists around the world. I see myself leading troops into battle seeing the carnage that lies before me and know that nothing will stop us, because we are the world’s strongest fighting force. US Marines. That’s what I think will be my glory days. I really look forward to them; I wish I could be doing that right now!

I’m also excited about the upcoming holidays. We used to have my Aunt and Uncle over for Christmas every year, but we a couple years ago they mentioned how they haven’t been happy for a very long time, and they’ve just been acting. Which by the way must have been pretty poor acting because my Aunt was never very nice to my Uncle. They soon got a divorce and surprisingly enough they were much happier! Sometimes my Aunt comes down from Wyoming for Christmas but the last couple years we drive to Arizona and see my Grandma. She is always so excited when we come over and see her. We all like seeing her too, because she is the kind of Grandma that loves to spoil you. We always spend some extra time there at her house and do everything that she wants changed like hanging blinds or putting in fans ect. I do love the holidays though. Its definitely my favorite time of the year.

Love,

Justin

No comments: